We’re in the middle of the holiday season — lots of us are exchanging gifts, and it got me to thinking about how we as photographers can share our love of photography and give a little something back. And you can do this anytime of year.
- Family portraits before deployment
- Portraits of the kids during deployment
- Soldier photographers can gift, too
Heart Gallery of America
- Help find permanent families for children in foster care
- Heart Gallery of America website
- Special way to give to families with parents who’ve suffered the loss of a baby
- NILMDTS website
- A good pet portrait, melt some hearts, get animals adopted
Giving your gift of photography doesn’t have to involve any organizations, you can just offer to do a portrait for a friend or family member that would appreciate it — make someone feel special, give them something they can share with someone they love. There are so many ways you can donate your time and talent. Check online to see if you can find some legitimate organizations that can use your help.